|Clock Speed||3.00 GHz to 5.0 GHz|
|Base Frequency||2.90 GHz|
|Max Number of Channels||2|
|Maximum Size||128 GB|
|Warranty||03 years Warranty|
Intel 10th Gen Core i5-10400F Processor
The Intel Core i5-10400F is a mid-range desktop processor that was released in 2020. It is based on Intel’s Comet Lake architecture and is designed to be used with Intel’s LGA 1200 socket.
The i5-10400F has a base clock speed of 2.9 GHz and can turbo boost up to 4.3 GHz. It has 6 cores and 12 threads, which makes it a good option for multitasking and running applications that require high processing power. It also has a 12MB Intel Smart Cache which helps to reduce latency and improve performance.
One notable difference between the i5-10400F and its non-“F” variant (i5-10400) is that the “F” version does not come with integrated graphics. This makes it a good choice for users who plan to use a dedicated graphics card and do not need the integrated graphics of the i5-10400.
Overall, the i5-10400F is a solid mid-range processor that offers good performance for its price point. However, it may not be the best choice for users who need more processing power for demanding applications such as video editing or gaming, in which case a higher-end processor may be more suitable.
Intel Core i5 10400F Processor Features
The Intel Core i5-10400F is a 10th generation mid-range desktop processor from Intel. Here are some of its key features:
- Cores and Threads: The i5-10400F has 6 cores and 12 threads, which makes it well-suited for multitasking and running demanding applications.
- Base and Boost Clock Speeds: The processor has a base clock speed of 2.9 GHz and a boost clock speed of 4.3 GHz. This allows it to handle single-threaded tasks efficiently and can boost performance in demanding applications.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0: This technology allows the processor to dynamically increase its clock speed when needed to provide extra performance.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology: This allows the processor to execute up to 12 threads simultaneously, making it ideal for running multiple applications at once.
- Intel UHD Graphics 630: The i5-10400F has integrated graphics, which can provide basic graphical capabilities without requiring a dedicated graphics card.
- TDP: The processor has a thermal design power (TDP) of 65 watts, which makes it relatively power-efficient and can help keep energy costs down.
- Memory Support: The i5-10400F supports dual-channel DDR4 memory, which can improve overall system performance.
Overall, the Intel Core i5-10400F is a solid mid-range processor that offers good performance and power efficiency. Its six cores and twelve threads make it well-suited for multitasking, and its integrated graphics can provide basic graphical capabilities without requiring a dedicated graphics card.
Intel Core i5 10400F Processor Review
The Intel Core i5-10400F is generally well-reviewed and considered a solid mid-range processor option for desktops. Here are some of the pros and cons of the i5-10400F:
- Good performance for its price point: The i5-10400F offers good processing power for its price, making it a good option for users on a budget.
- 6 cores and 12 threads: The i5-10400F’s 6 cores and 12 threads make it a good choice for multitasking and running applications that require high processing power.
- Low power consumption: The i5-10400F has a relatively low TDP of 65W, which means it consumes less power and generates less heat compared to higher-end processors.
- No integrated graphics: The i5-10400F does not come with integrated graphics, which means users will need a dedicated graphics card to use with it.
- Limited overclocking capabilities: The i5-10400F has limited overclocking capabilities compared to some other processors, which may be a downside for users who want to push their system to its limits.
- Not the best for demanding applications: While the i5-10400F offers good performance for its price, it may not be the best choice for users who need more processing power for demanding applications such as video editing or gaming.
Overall, the i5-10400F is a solid mid-range processor that offers good performance for its price. While it may not be the best choice for users who need more processing power, it is a good option for those on a budget who want a reliable processor that can handle multitasking and everyday computing tasks.